The Nigeria Football Federation should consider making a move for Moritz Jenz, who plays for Scottish Premiership giants, Celtic on loan from Lorient in France and is a central defender by trade.
Born in Berlin, Jenz is uncapped at international level by his country of birth Germany and also qualifies to represent the Super Eagles based on the 'granny rule'.
The 23-year-old has had a fine start to life at Parkhead, scoring two goals in seven appearances and helping the Hoops keep three cleansheets in the process.
For now, Jenz is leaning towards representing Germany over Nigeria because he has close ties to the European giants.
"I qualify for Germany and Nigeria but I would prefer Germany because that’s where I grew up, " Jenz told the Scottish media in July.
“It’s a great country to play for an hopefully one day I can make a couple of appearances, then maybe a couple more and then, who knows, perhaps play in a World Cup or Euros.
“But I need to do my best for the club first. That’s the most important thing and after that we can talk about the national team."
Standing at 6 ft 3 inches, Jenz is a threat from set-pieces due to his height as he won't be easily bullied in the air.
The lanky defender can also be deployed as a right fullback, having played there several times.
Jenz would be a great addition to the Super Eagles, considering the inactivity of William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun's age.
Only Calvin Bassey and Kevin Akpoguma out of all invited central defenders for the international friendly against Algeria play in top European Leagues.
The Nigeria Football Federation have convinced several dual nationals including Alex Iwobi, Maduka Okoye, Leon Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Calvin Bassey, Joe Aribo, Ola Aina and Cyriel Dessers to pledge their international future to the Super Eagles.
Photo Credit : celticfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Most African coaches don't respect themselves' - Udeze backs Onana in World Cup row with Song
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football