'My dream is to play in the EPL' - FCM's Nigerian GK who idolizes Manuel Neuer revealsPublished: September 21, 2022
FC Midtjylland goalkeeper Mark Ugboh has revealed his admiration for Bayern Munich and Germany star Manuel Neuer.
The 18-year-old committed his future to Midtjylland earlier this month, signing a five-year deal until June 30, 2027, and was permanently promoted to the first team.
A professional debut could be on the horizon for Ugboh considering that he has been included in seven matchday squads since the start of the season, including six in European competition.
A world champion with Germany in 2014, Neuer is widely regarded as the best goalkeeper in the world and has enjoyed a trophy-laden career at Bayern Munich, winning ten Bundesliga titles and five DFK Pokals as well as the Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup.
"My big idol is Manuel Neuer from Bayern Munich because he has so much quality. I like his confidence and leadership and he always plays well in the big games," Ugboh told FCM's official webpage.
"A lot of his saves are really good and that's something I look up to."
Ugboh has a lofty ambition, revealing that he wants to play in the English Premier League in the future.
FC Midtjylland academy graduate Frank Onyeka made the step up from The Wolves to Brentford in the summer of 2021.
"My dream is to play in the Premier League. People see it as the most competitive league in the world and I will fight everything I can to end up there one day," he added.
Last season, Ugboh posted five clean sheets in seven appearances in the U19 Boys League while conceding three goals.
He is the first African goalkeeper in the history of FC Midtjylland.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- Iheanacho joins Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Fulham, Tottenham, Wolves stars in PL TOTW
- Revealed : Length of new deal signed by Wolverhampton Wanderers' Italian-Nigerian midfielder
- 'Very good player' - Ex-Barcelona CB admits it's difficult to defend against Terem Moffi
- Lookman best-rated player in Serie A Team of the Month but Osimhen misses out
- Where does Osimhen rank among world's best strikers?
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo makes big statement about his future after impressive debut for Sturm Graz
- Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester United
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football