Manchester United's FA Youth Cup winning-midfielder Maximillian Oyedele is now provisionally cap-tied to the Polish national team, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Oyedele won't be eligible to represent the Nigerian and English national teams without requesting a change of association after playing his first competitive game for Poland's youth teams.
The 17-year-old became cap-tied to Poland when he entered the fray in the 73rd minute of Poland's 2-0 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina in a European U19 Championship qualifier staged at Stadion Miejski (Gdynia) on Wednesday evening.
Prior to Oyedele's debut for Poland U19s, he had appeared in a non-binding game for Poland at U18 level.
The verstaile midfielder was born in Manchester, England and qualifies to represent Nigeria and Poland through his father and mother respectively.
Oyedele still plays for Manchester United U18s team but he's expected to be promoted to the development squad on a permanent basis ahead of the start of next season.
Warri-born striker Emmanuel Olisadebe represented Poland at the 2002 FIFA World Cup, scoring agains tthe United States in a group game.
Photo Credit : Instagram
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football