Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi is no longer in contention to play his first game under Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro.
The Nigeria Football Federation brought bad news from Algeria this morning, stating that Ndidi is injured and out of the game against Algeria.
Ndidi has left the Nigeria camp and returned to England for a proper medical check-up ahead of Leicester City's first game after the international break against Nottingham Forest.
If he does not recover before the clash against Forest, his absence would be a big blow to manager Brendan Rodgers who is under intense scrutiny following the club's underwhelming start to the 2022-2023 season.
You have to go back to January 23,2022 for the last time Ndidi played for the Super Eagles when he went the distance in a 1-0 loss to Tunisia at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
The former Racing Genk star missed the back-to-back World Cup playoff with Ghana due to a knee issue and was not in the squad for the summer matches against Mexico, Ecuador, Sierra Leone and São Tomé and Príncipe.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football