Super Eagles and Everton star Alex Iwobi has been nominated for the Premier League Player of the Month award for September 2022.
The Premier League through their official website announced the nominations for September's Premier League Player of the Month on Thursday morning.
Iwobi has been nominated alongside five other players namely Bournemouth's Denmark international midfielder of Nigerian descent Philip Billing, Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, Aston Villa midfielder Jacob Ramsey and Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford.
The 26-year-old has been in terrific form since the start of the 2022/2023 Premier League season, going the distance in every single game played by Everton in all competitions.
He recently played a huge role in helping Everton claim their first three points of the campaign.
Iwobi provided the assist for Neal Maupay's game-winning strike in a 1-0 victory over West Ham United last weekend, before he reported for international duty.
The Hale End Academy product has been praised by the Toffees fans for his contribution to the team from the middle of the park.
He appeared in two matches in the Premier League in September, helping Frank Lampard's team post two clean sheets against Liverpool and West Ham United.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can confirm that Everton have started preliminary talks with Iwobi and his camp over a contract extension that could see him remain at Goodison Park beyond June 30, 2024.
This season, Iwobi has made eight appearances in all competitions, assisting three goals.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football