An England U20 team captained by Chelsea's summer signing Carney Chukwuemeka thrashed South Americans Chile 3-0 in an international friendly on Wednesday, with two players of Nigerian descent getting on the scoresheet for the 2017 world champions.
Head coach Ian Foster named three Nigeria-eligible players in his starting line up including Chukwuemeka, former Arsenal fullback Daniel Oyegoke and Southampton wonderkid Samuel Edozie.
Former Chelsea schoolboy Malcolm Ebiowei, who was named in the Golden Eaglets provisional roster for the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup, later came off the bench to make his debut for England U20s, replacing Edozie, while Aston Villa loanee Tim Iroegbunam was the fifth player of Nigerian descent given minutes.
Glasgow Celtic goalkeeper Tobi Oluwayemi, who was not originally included on the roster, has linked up with the squad in Spain and was a non-playing substitute against the Chileans.
After Delap opened the scoring for England, Oyegoke scored an excellent individual goal, dribbling past three players before firing an unstoppable left-footed shot into the top corner midway through the first half.
Sixteen minutes into the second half, the lively Edozie put the game to bed when he made it 3-0 with a goal from inside the area.
Of the aforementioned players of Nigerian descent, only Chukwuemeka went the distance for England.
Up next, the Young Lions will face African side Morocco on Saturday, September 24.
Photo Credit : Twitter
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football