Arsenal, through their official website, confirmed on Thursday that Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder Ethan Nwaneri has been called up to England U17 squad for international matches this month.
Nwaneri made the back pages at home and abroad after entering the record books when he made his senior debut in the closing minutes of Arsenal's 3-0 win at Brentford on Sunday.
Wearing the number 83 at the back of his jersey, he became the youngest player in Premier League and Arsenal history after replacing Fabio Vieira, aged 15 years and 181 days.
Nwaneri has been called up to the England U17 squad for the Syrenka Cup in Poland, where they will face Czech Republic on Friday, September 23, before two further matches.
Obviously a super talent, the Anglo-Nigerian has regularly played up the age groups for club and country.
The attacking midfielder has already made three appearances for England at U17 level since making his debut fo the age group in August.
Nwaneri has been on the books of Arsenal since the age of eight and is eligible to sign scholarship forms in July 2023.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football