Tottenham Hotspur-owned fullback Destiny Udogie is reportedly on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation, with a view to convincing him to play for the Super Eagles.
The Udinese wonderkid and Golden Boy nominee was snubbed by manager Roberto Mancini for Italy's upcoming UEFA Nations League matches against England and Hungary.
Had he been invited to the Azzurri and figured in any of the two matches, he would have become cap-tied to his country of birth.
According to various reports in the Italian media including Mondo Udinese, Nigeria failed in their first attempt to lure Udogie to the Super Eagles and it is not certain that they will not try to the end.
Given his age, nineteen, Udogie would be representing the Super Eagles for the next fifteen years, injury permitting, if he made up his mind to play for the three-time African champions.
Udogie has been provisionally cap tied to Italy since March 2019 when he played his first competitive game for their U17 team in a European Championship qualifier against Romania.
He has had a fine start to the 2022-2023 season with two assists in six appearances for surprise package Udinese, who are third in the table after seven rounds.
Udogie played the entirety of the second half as Italy U21s were beaten 2-0 by England in a friendly on Thursday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football