'He felt something in his hamstring' - Super Eagles coach reveals exactly why Ndidi left campPublished: September 22, 2022
Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro has explained that Wilfred Ndidi was forced to leave the international training camp in
Constantine, Algeria after suffering a relapse of an injury he sustained during the Premier League meeting between Tottenham Hotspur and Leicester City last weekend.
The Super Eagles midfielder was substituted with five minutes remaining in the defeat to Antonio Conte's team and it has come to light that he was playing through the pain barrier before making way for Boubakary Soumaré.
Sensational reports claimed that Ndidi was at daggers drawn with Peseiro because he was asked to play in central defence rather than his preferred holding midfield role for the friendly against Algeria.
In an interview with the Super Eagles Media Officer, Babafemi Raji, the Portuguese football tactician set the record straight, stating that Ndidi left the camp early in order not to aggravate the injury.
"We have that connection with Leicester, their fitness coach said to our fitness coach that he complained in the last match," Peserio said.
"When Ndidi came, he did training without intensity, a small training but with conditions, but he felt something in his hamstring.
"After yesterday's session, I thought it was better not to use him. I don't want to use a player in a friendly match only to see him sustain more injury.
"It is for that reason he went back to Leicester today, for him to recover faster there."
Ndidi's injury-enforced absence could open the door for Club Brugge newbie Raphael Onyedika to make his debut for the Super Eagles.
The 25-year-old Ndidi has missed the last six matches played by the Super Eagles due to fitness issues.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Video mocking Osimhen: Agent reveals Super Eagles striker could take legal action against Napoli
- EFL Cup: Ozoh makes season debut for Palace as goals from Garnacho, Casemiro, Martial hand Man Utd win
- Flying Eagles central defender finally makes his Brentford debut, but for B team
- Pundit insists Chelsea should have signed Super Eagles star for N123.7b in the summer
- 'He has lost credibility' - Ex-Real Madrid striker reacts to Osimhen's touchline row with Napoli coach
- 'Does have to go out again' - Bolton boss urges Shoretire to consider leaving Man Utd in January
- Video: Fleet-footed winger Simon produces outrageous assist for Nantes fourth goal v Lorient
- 'I'm not giving up' - Rangers striker Dessers vows to push harder to regain his place in starting XI
- Chelsea give key injury update on Chukwuemeka pre-Brighton & Hove
- Update: Gent throw in the towel on Gift Orban's suspension, confirm striker won't play Wednesday
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football