The official website of the French Ligue 1 has unveiled a list of the top ten youngest players to feature in this season's top flight, with a player of Nigerian descent making the cut.
Lesley Ugochukwu, nephew of retired Nigeria international Onyekachi Apam, ranks seventh on the list.
The France youth international was aged 18 years and 148 days when he made his season debut off the bench against Ajaccio on August 21, 2022.
The record holder for the season is PSG teenage sensation Warren Zaïre-Emery who was aged 16 years and 151 days when he made his senior debut on the opening day of the season against Clermont.
Completing the top five are Lille's Leny Yoro (16 years and 286 days), Rennes Désiré Doué (17 years and 65 days), ESTAC Troyes' Wilson Odobert and ESTAC Troyes' Kyliane Dong (17 years and 314 days).
Ugochukwu is the fifth youngest player to start a game in the Ligue 1 this season, aged 18 years and 176 days in the last game before the international break at Marseille.
The French-Nigerian holding midfielder was named in the latest France U19 squad and was on the bench in a 2-0 loss to Portugal on Thursday.
Photo Credit : staderennais.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football