In an article for Football365, Matthew Stead has warned the English Football Association to be careful not to lose Chelsea wonderkid Carney Chukwuemeka to the Nigeria Football Federation.
Stead named ten players England must be wary over, including 2022 European U19 champion with the Young Lions, Chukwuemeka.
Born in Austria, the central midfielder is also eligible to represent the senior national teams of England, where he grew up, as well as Nigeria through his father, but the Football Association appear to be in the driving seat for his services as he is provisionally cap-tied to them.
In a deal that could be worth up to 20 million pounds, Chukwuemeka signed a six-year contract with Chelsea last month, ending a six-year association with Aston Villa in the process.
The 18-year-old moved onto pastures new because he lost his patience with Aston Villa, with game time coming sparingly.
Stead said on Chukwuemeka : "The teenager is on the pathway to England honours but that is a treacherous route that many fail to complete.
“Nigeria have tempted Alex Iwobi and Ademola Lookman in similar circumstances before and the Austria-born Chukwuemeka has already shown once that his patience has a limit.”
Chukwuemeka enhanced his reputation before the international break by scoring twice for Chelsea in a behind closed doors friendly against Brighton & Hove.
He captained England U20s to a 3-0 victory over Chile in an international friendly on September 21.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- Leicester boss Rodgers takes teenage GK of Nigerian descent to training camp in Abu Dhabi
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football