Mikel Arteta runs the rule over 19yo Nigerian winger pre-Tottenham HotspurPublished: September 27, 2022
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta promoted in-form Nigerian winger Nathan Butler-Oyedeji to first team training on Tuesday, September 27.
The Gunners have started preparations for the eagerly anticipated Premier League game against Tottenham Hotspur, with a training session held at London Colney today.
With a plethora of first teamers away on international duty, Arteta invited at least six academy stars to make up the numbers, including Butler-Oyedeji.
Apart from Butler-Oyedeji, the Spanish football tactician ran the rule over Matt Smith, Mauro Bandeira, Jack Henry-Francis, Reuell Walters and Taylor Foran, Jeorge Bird has reported on his website.
The 19-year-old Butler-Oyedeji has had a brilliant start to the season under development squad coach Mehmet Ali, scoring four goals in all competitions.
The Hale End Academy product was on target against Chelsea in the Premier League 2, Feyenoord in the Premier League International Cup and bagged a brace against the first team of Cambridge United in the Papa John's Trophy.
Butler-Oyedeji has yet to receive a call-up for a first team game since signing scholarship forms in 2019 but has been invited to train with the senior squad on countless occasions.
Should he made his professional debut against Tottenham Hotspur, he will wear the number 43 at the back of his jersey.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo hits double figures for clean sheets in EFL
- 'Mac Allister is quality' - Ex-Man City defender Onuoha praises Liverpool midfielder for game-winning assist
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football