Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta promoted in-form Nigerian winger Nathan Butler-Oyedeji to first team training on Tuesday, September 27.
The Gunners have started preparations for the eagerly anticipated Premier League game against Tottenham Hotspur, with a training session held at London Colney today.
With a plethora of first teamers away on international duty, Arteta invited at least six academy stars to make up the numbers, including Butler-Oyedeji.
Apart from Butler-Oyedeji, the Spanish football tactician ran the rule over Matt Smith, Mauro Bandeira, Jack Henry-Francis, Reuell Walters and Taylor Foran, Jeorge Bird has reported on his website.
The 19-year-old Butler-Oyedeji has had a brilliant start to the season under development squad coach Mehmet Ali, scoring four goals in all competitions.
The Hale End Academy product was on target against Chelsea in the Premier League 2, Feyenoord in the Premier League International Cup and bagged a brace against the first team of Cambridge United in the Papa John's Trophy.
Butler-Oyedeji has yet to receive a call-up for a first team game since signing scholarship forms in 2019 but has been invited to train with the senior squad on countless occasions.
Should he made his professional debut against Tottenham Hotspur, he will wear the number 43 at the back of his jersey.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- Leicester boss Rodgers takes teenage GK of Nigerian descent to training camp in Abu Dhabi
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football