Manchester United boss Erik Ten Hag has promoted Shola Shoretire to first team training ahead of the huge Manchester derby this weekend.
The England U19 international of Nigerian descent was among the youngsters that trained with the first team at Carrington Training Ground in Manchester on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Shoretire has been out of favour with the England youth team set up for close to a year and wasn't called up for Young Lions duty this month.
The 18-year-old trained with first team players such as Christian Eriksen, Raphael Varane, Tyrell Malacia, Jadon Sancho, Diogo Dalot, Scott McTominay and Antony.
With the fixtures coming thick and fast next month before the 2022 World Cup break, Ten Hag may decide to rotate his players, partly brightening the chances of the Anglo-Nigerian making his season debut under the Dutch football tactician.
Manchester United are scheduled to play nine matches in October, the most they have played in October in their entire history.
After their weekend clash with Manchester City, they face Francis Uzoho's Omonia Nicosia, followed by games against Everton, Omonia Nicosia, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Sheriff Tiraspol and West Ham United.
Shoretire's last squad involvement was on the final day of last season at Crystal Palace, where he came off the bench for the last fifteen minutes.
Photo Credit : manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football