Super Eagles-eligible central midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka has been rated as doubtful to make his long-awaited debut for Chelsea's first team when they face Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Saturday.
The newly-capped England U20 international enhanced his reputation this week by winning the Player of the Tournament award at the Costa Càlida Supercup which took place in Spain from 19 to 27 September 2022.
Chukwuemeka was involved in all the three matches contested by the Young Lions, playing for ninety minutes each against Chile and Morocco, and came off the bench for the last thirty minutes against Australia.
His chances of making the matchday squad against the Eagles have diminished after coming back from international duty with an illness.
Speaking to reporters at Friday's press conference, Potter said : "We’ve got a bit of illness with Marc Cucurella and Carney."
Chukwuemeka has been named in four matchday squads in all competitions since landing at Stamford Bridge from Aston Villa last month, against Dinamo Zagreb and Salzburg in the Champions League, Leeds United and Southampton in the Premier League.
The 18-year-old has played twice for Chelsea's development squad in the Premier League 2 to build up his match fitness.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football