Republic of Ireland U21 international of Nigerian descent Bosun Lawal is in the frame to be named in Glasgow Celtic's matchday squad when they take on Motherwell in a Scottish Premiership clash at Celtic Park on Saturday afternoon.
According to the training images published by Celtic on their official website., Lawal was promoted to first team training by manager Ange Postecoglou on Friday morning - the club's final workout before the game week nine fixture.
The 19-year-old was also spotted working out with the first team stars at Lennoxtown on Thursday, September 29.
Premiership champions Celtic are facing a defensive injury crisis before the visit of Motherwell, with Cameron Carter-Vickers and Carl Starfelt ruled out of today's fixture due to injuries.
With the absence of the duo, German-born Nigerian youngster Moritz Jenz has moved up the pecking order of central defenders and it is all but confirmed that he will be named in the starting lineup against Motherwell.
Lawal has yet to make his senior debut for Celtic since his celebrated move from Watford in the summer of 2021.
Photo Credit : celtiofc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football