Two former Super Eagles invitees in the shape of Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise started for Crystal Palace in their 2-1 loss to Chelsea at Selhurst Park on Saturday afternoon.
Newly-capped England U20 international Malcolm Ebiwoei was an unused substitute against his former employers, while Chelsea's new boy Carney Chukwuemeka missed out due to illness.
In the London derby, Patrick Vieira's men raced into an early lead in the seventh minute through Odsonne Edouard.
Ghanaian star Jordan Ayew whipped in a curling cross from the right, which was met by Edouard who sent the ball into the top corner.
In the 25th minute, Eze was close to doubling the lead for the Eagles but his effort went wide.
Seven minutes before halftime, former Gabon star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang found the leveler.
Thiago Silva combined well with the former Arsenal skipper to get his first Chelsea goal and the equalizer.
Despite having a larger chunk of the ball, the Blues were unable to get in front at halftime.
The second half resumed with the Blues piling up pressure. Potter's men controlled the game but were let down their play in the final third.
Their blushes were however spared by former Crystal Palace midfielder Conor Gallagher in the dying minutes of the game.
The England international sent a curling ball into the top corner from long range to score his first Chelsea goal and also seal Chelsea's fourth win of the season.
In the provisional standings, Chelsea are in fifth position with thirteen points from seven games while the Eagles are in sixteenth position.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football