PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with LiverpoolPublished: October 01, 2022
Dutch-Nigerian winger Joel Ideho made it three goals in two matches as Arsenal and Liverpool shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw in a Premier League 2 clash at Kirkby Academy on Saturday afternoon.
Ideho bagged a brace in the Gunners' last outing before their trip to Merseyside, a 3-1 win over Burnley in the Premier League Cup.
He started alongside two other players of Nigerian descent in Zach Awe and Nathan Butler-Oyedeji while Oludare Olufunwa was not in the Reds' matchday squad.
Three minutes to the end of the first half, Ideho poked in to give the Gunners the lead after Liverpool failed to clear a corner.
Butler-Oyedeji had a chance to double Arsenal's lead but was denied by the Liverpool goalkeeper in the 62nd minute.
In the 71st minute, Liverpool equalised through Harvey Blair, who fired into the bottom corner after good work from Layton Stewart.
Eleven minutes to the end of the game, Liverpool could have won it but Luke Chambers' penalty was saved by Hubert Graczyk.
Arsenal remain unbeaten in this season's Premier League 2 and are second in the table with fifteen points from seven games before their next match in the division against north London neighbors Tottenham Hotspur.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football