Huddersfield Town faced Reading in the Championship on Saturday and there was no place in the matchday squad for Chelsea loanee Faustino Anjorin.
Danny Schofield was relieved of his duties as Huddersfield Town manager following their 2-1 defeat at home to Wigan Athletic in their penultimate game before the international break.
Scottish football tactician Mark Fotheringham was appointed head coach of The Terriers on September 28, signing a three-year deal until June 30, 2025.
Fotheringham could not call upon the services of Anjorin for the trip to Reading because the attacking midfielder was recovering from an undisclosed illness.
Without the England youth international of Nigerian descent in the squad, Huddersfield Town suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of the Royals at the Select Car Leasing Stadium.
Anjorin played eight matches under former coach Schofield, scoring two goals and bagging an assist in 434 minutes of action.
Huddersfield Town have not put a timeframe on Anjorin's return to training ahead of Tuesday's trip to Luton Town.
Former Nigeria youth team invitee David Kasumu was in action for the entire duration of the game against Reading.
Photo Credit : htafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football