BBC Scotland pundit Tom English has highlighted that Glasgow Rangers have been incosistent in defence this season after the sale of Calvin Bassey to Ajax Amsterdam.
The Nigeria national teamer switched to the Dutch Eredivisie champions in July 2022, with Rangers pocketing a guaranteed fee of 23 million euros which could rise to 26.5 million euros with variables included - the largest transfer in their history.
Bassey offers versatility as he is capable of playing as a left-sided central defender, left-back and left-wingback.
Heading into their fixture at Anfield, Rangers have leaked in goals in the Champions League with seven conceded and the defensive errors cost them defeats to Ajax Amsterdam and Napoli
And in the Scottish Premiership, they were thrashed 4-0 by bitter rivals Celtic exactly a month ago.
On the positive side, the Light Blues have kept seven clean sheets from fifteen appearances in all competitions so far this season.
Assessing the Rangers side before Tuesday's Champions League meeting with Liverpool, Tom English wrote in his column for the BBC : "Rangers' defence has flitted between composed and calamitous this season. Bassey has been a big loss.
"The injuries to John Souttar and Filip Helander have damaged them, too. "
Bassey made 65 appearances in all competitions for Rangers, helping them win their 55th league title and the Scottish Cup as well as playing a key role in the club reaching the final of last season's Europa League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football