Super Eagles-eligible midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka is back in Chelsea training after missing the win against Crystal Palace this past weekend.
The Blues were back on the grass at Cobhan Training Center on Monday as they stepped up their preparations for Wednesday's Champions League meeting with Fikayo Tomori's AC Milan at Stamford Bridge.
Newly-capped England U20 international Chukwuemeka and Spanish defender Marc Cucurella who were not available for selection in the weekend win over the Eagles participated in the workout.
The former Aston Villa wonderkid was omitted from the matchday 20 against Crystal Palace after coming back from international duty with an illness.
Chukwuemeka has been named in four matchday squads in all competitions since landing at Stamford Bridge in August, against Dinamo Zagreb and Salzburg in the Champions League, Leeds United and Southampton in the Premier League.
The 18-year-old has played twice for Chelsea's development squad in the Premier League 2 to build up his match fitness and was given minutes in all three matches played by England U20s at the Costa Càlida Supercup, where he won the Player of the Tournament award.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football