'It will be a difficult game' - Celtic defender Jenz anticipates tough clash v RB LeipzigPublished: October 05, 2022
Glasgow Celtic star Moritz Jenz has admitted that he is anticipating a tough clash when the Hoops face off with German Bundesliga opponents RB Leipzig on matchday three of the UEFA Champions League.
The Super Eagles-eligible central defender is relishing the prospect of facing Chelsea old boy Timo Werner and France international Christopher Nkunku.
Jenz has played every single minute of Celtic's Champions League campaign this season and is expected to keep his place in the starting lineup, with Cameron Carter-Vickers and Carl Starfelt unavailable for selection due to injuries.
Heading into this evening's clash, Celtic are third in the table after one defeat and one draw, while RB Leipzig are rock bottom with no point to their name, so both teams cannot afford to slip up.
Speaking to Celtic's official website, Jenz said : "We know they’ve had a strange little spell in the league,” he said, “but they won their last game and they’re a very good side in Germany and across Europe, they’ve had good results.
"It will be a difficult game. It will be very physical, lots of running and lots of offensive moments, so it will be a very attacking game.
"They are still a very good team and have some great individual players. We know how they play and everybody knows their name by now in Europe.
"Like I said, it will be a difficult game but any Champions League game will be difficult regardless of the opponent.
"We need to start from the first minute at 100 per cent and continue until the last minute of the game. So it’s up to us to do the work and get the three points back home."
In the 2018-2019 UEFA Europa League, RB Leipzig beat Celtic 2-0 at home but lost 2-1 at Parkhead.
The Hoops have failed to win any of their previous thirteen games on German soil.
Photo Credit : celticfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Watch: 2023 Super Eagles invitee Gift Orban sent off for the first time in his pro career
- Sheffield Utd's Nigerian defender watches on from the bench as Newcastle make PL history
- 'Should have scored at least 25 goals' - Bayer star Boniface reacts after breaking 29yo Bundesliga record
- 'Ended up as the dominant player' - Tottenham coach has his say on duel between Udogie and Saka
- Super Eagles watch: Boniface matches Haaland's feat, Dessers nets winner for Rangers, Lookman back to form
- 'Just needs to calm down' - Pundit reckons Tottenham LB Udogie had a shaky first half performance v Arsenal
- 'Some even compare him to Napoli star Osimhen' - Danish media hails Arsenal U18 hat-trick hero Obi
- 'Imagine him alongside Caicedo' - Pundit wants Ugochukwu to partner Chelsea's history-making midfielder
- Tottenham legend Harry Kane puts Boniface in his place after historic display for Bayern Munich
- 'He is going to sign an important contract' - Fabrizio Romano on the future of Arsenal super kid Nwaneri
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football