Promising striker Tudor Mendel-Idowu made his UEFA Youth League debut for Chelsea on Wednesday afternoon as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Italian side AC Milan at Cobham Training Center.
Mendel-Idowu wasn't the only player of Nigerian descent on parade at Cobham Training Center as Lagos-born holding midfielder Victor Ehuwa-Eletu started and was in action for 62 minutes for the Rossoneri.
AC Milan's excellent start to the game was rewarded in the tenth minute as Jan-Carlo Simic was quick to pounce on the rebound after a free kick caught the Chelsea goalkeeper napping.
Mendel-Idowu was involved in Chelsea's best chance of the half in the 34th minute when he combined with Acheampong to set up Soonsup-Bell, who saw his shot saved by the Milan netminder.
In the 65th minute, Leo Castledine prevented the Blues from suffering their second defeat in the group stage as he finished off a swift counter attack.
In his first squad involvement for Chelsea in the UEFA Youth League, exciting fullback Somto Boniface was a non-playing substitute against the Italians.
After three games in Group E of the UEFA Youth League, AC Milan are leading the way with five points, while Chelsea are bottom but are three points behind the Italians.
Photo Credit : acmilan.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football