Talented midfielder Eze opens UYL account for Bayer LeverkusenPublished: October 12, 2022
Talented German-born midfielder of Nigerian descent Joshua Eze opened his UEFA Youth League account on Wednesday but his goal counted for nothing as Bayer Leverkusen suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Porto.
With their loss to the Portuguese, Bayer Leverkusen have bowed out of this season's UEFA Youth League as they have no point to their name after four matches in Group B.
Bayer Leverkusen U19s coach Sven Hübscher made two changes to his starting line-up from the win at Rot-Weiß Oberhausen, one of which saw Eze replace Arjanit Fazlija in midfield.
A second player of Nigerian descent, Francis Onyeka came off the bench for the final six minutes for the German club.
Umaro Candé opened the scoring for Porto with a left-footed strike in the 16th minute as the visitors took a 1-0 lead into the break.
In his fourth appearance in the UEFA Youth League., Eze equalised with a shot from ten yards that went in with the help of the post.
Porto secured their third win in the group thanks to goals from Jorge Meireles and Ussumane Djaló in the final ten minutes.
Eze has been on the books of Bayer Leverkusen since 2010 and signed his first professional contract in May 2022.
Photo Credit : bayer04.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football