Uzoho or Panagi? Lennon makes decision on starting GK against Manchester UnitedPublished: October 13, 2022
Omonia Nicosia's British football tactician Neil Lennon has made a decision on the starting goalkeeper for his side's matchday four UEFA Europa League clash against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Thursday evening.
The former Glasgow Celtic manager has gone for Francis Uzoho to be in between the sticks, a decision that sees Cyprus international glovesman Konstantinos Panagi named among the substitutes.
Uzoho moved up the pecking order of goalkeepers following the injury suffered by first-choice goalie Fabiano, who was impressive in the 3-2 defeat to Manchester United a week ago.
Fabiano sustained a shoulder injury in a league game against AEL Limassol on Monday and faces at least three weeks on the sidelines, meaning he will miss the home game versus Real Sociedad (October 27) and is a huge doubt to face Sheriff Tiraspol (November 3).
Last season, Uzoho made four appearances for Omonia in the Europa Conference League of which three were starts and made his Europa League debut off the bench against Sheriff Tiraspol on matchday one.
The 2018 World Cupper has faced Manchester United stars Marcus Rashford and Casemiro at international level.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football