Official : Toronto FC decline option to extend contract of Enugu-born strikerPublished: October 16, 2022
Enugu-born striker Ifunanyachi Achara is in search of a new club ahead of the 2023 Major League Soccer season.
According to the official website of MLS, Toronto FC have updated their squad list and declined the option to extend his stay at the club.
He departs Toronto FC after making thirty appearances spread across three seasons, scoring three goals while providing two assists and was in action for 1286 minutes.
Achara was selected 25th overall in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft out of Georgetown University and captained the Hoyas to the NCAA National Championship as a senior.
The hardworking striker had a promising start to his Toronto career, scoring on his Major League Soccer debut against New York City on March 7, 2020, a feat that earned him a place in the MLS Team of the Week
However, he missed the remainder of the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and lateral collateral ligament (LCL) in his left knee.
Photo Credit : torontofc.ca
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football