Expected goals and assists Europe's top 5 leagues : Osimhen ranks higher than MessiPublished: October 18, 2022
Transfermarkt in conjunction with Statsbomb has revealed the top twenty one players with the best average expected goals and assists rating so far in the 2022-2023 season, with two Nigeria internationals making the cut.
According to football statistics website FBREF, xG (or expected goals) is the probability that a shot will result in a goal based on the characteristics of that shot and the events leading up to it, while xA, or expected assists, indicates a player's ability to set up scoring chances without having to rely on the actual result of the shot or the shooter's luck/ability.
With 0.96 non-penalty expected goals and assists, Victor Osimhen is the top ranked player in the Serie A and sixth overall.
Osimhen's expected goals per ninety is 0.85 (third overall in the rating) and expected assists 0.11.
The Super Eagles star is between Premier League's top scorer Erling Braut Haaland and PSG superstar Lionel Messi in the ranking.
The Norwegian's expected goals and assists is 1.08 placing him joint fourth with Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller, and the Argentine is in seventh place at 0.95.
Barcelona's Robert Lewandowski (1.34), PSG duo Kylian Mbappe (1.16) and Neymar (1.12) are the top three rated players.
The other Nigerian representative in the top twenty is Atalanta striker Ademola Lookman, who is sixteenth with an expected goals and assists total of 0.81.
In reality, Osimhen has contributed to four goals (3 goals, 1 assist) in six Serie A matches this term, while Lookman has registered seven goal involvements (4 goals, 3 assists) in ten games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football