Official : Vancouver Whitecaps decline option to extend Kaduna-born striker's contractPublished: October 18, 2022
Major League Soccer club Vancouver Whitecaps have updated their roster following the conclusion of the regular season.
Vancouver Whitecaps confirmed that Kaduna-born center forward David Egbo has been released as the club declined the option to extend the 23-year-old's contract.
Three other players namely Janio Bikel, Evan Newton and Michael Baldisimo will also not be returning to the club.
Egbo was selected ninth overall by Vancouver Whitecaps in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft out of the University of Akron.
He is departing the Canadian club without making a single appearance for the first team, and was loaned out to Phoenix Rising and Memphis 901 in back-to-back seasons.
In 35 appearances combined for Phoenix Rising and Memphis 901, Egbo tallied six goals in the USL Championship - equivalent of second tier of American football.
Prior to his move to Vancouver Whitecaps, he played three seasons for the University of Akron, registering 21 goals and 12 assists in 35 starts on 56 appearances.
Photo Credit : whitecapsfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- What has gone wrong for Samuel Chukwueze at Italian giants AC Milan?
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football