After an underwhelming start to the 2022-2023 season, Paul Onuachu is back to his best, with the Nigeria international finding the net for the fourth consecutive game in the Belgian Pro League as Racing Genk hammered KVC Westerlo 6-1 at Cegeka Arena on Tuesday night.
Onuachu has come through his barren spell and his goals have helped Genk register four straight wins in the division.
After Tuur Dierckx halved the deficit for the visitors from the spot, Onuachu restored Genk's two-goal cushion in the 32nd minute when he slotted home a cross from Joseph Paintsil.
Five minutes before halftime, the FC Ebedei product put the game beyond the reach of KVC Westerlo by converting a spot kick to make it 4-1 , before goals from Daniel Muñoz and Patrik Hrosovsky sealed the win.
By getting on the scoresheet tonight, Onuachu equaled his feat of scoring in four straight matches for three seasons in a row.
The number 18 netted in seven consecutive league matches (April 5 to May 15, 2021) during the 2020-2021 season, his best scoring streak as a Genk player, and netted in four games in a row against Union SG, Sint-Truiden, Royal Antwerp and RFC Seraing in the first half of the 2021-2022 campaign.
Onuachu has scored six goals in ten appearances this term - a tally bettered only by Mario Gonzalez (Leuven), Hugo Cuypers (Gent) and Vincent Janssen (Antwerp).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football