Clinical striker Onuachu scores in fourth consecutive league match for third straight seasonPublished: October 18, 2022
After an underwhelming start to the 2022-2023 season, Paul Onuachu is back to his best, with the Nigeria international finding the net for the fourth consecutive game in the Belgian Pro League as Racing Genk hammered KVC Westerlo 6-1 at Cegeka Arena on Tuesday night.
Onuachu has come through his barren spell and his goals have helped Genk register four straight wins in the division.
After Tuur Dierckx halved the deficit for the visitors from the spot, Onuachu restored Genk's two-goal cushion in the 32nd minute when he slotted home a cross from Joseph Paintsil.
Five minutes before halftime, the FC Ebedei product put the game beyond the reach of KVC Westerlo by converting a spot kick to make it 4-1 , before goals from Daniel Muñoz and Patrik Hrosovsky sealed the win.
By getting on the scoresheet tonight, Onuachu equaled his feat of scoring in four straight matches for three seasons in a row.
The number 18 netted in seven consecutive league matches (April 5 to May 15, 2021) during the 2020-2021 season, his best scoring streak as a Genk player, and netted in four games in a row against Union SG, Sint-Truiden, Royal Antwerp and RFC Seraing in the first half of the 2021-2022 campaign.
Onuachu has scored six goals in ten appearances this term - a tally bettered only by Mario Gonzalez (Leuven), Hugo Cuypers (Gent) and Vincent Janssen (Antwerp).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football