Super Eagles striker makes his debut for ISL club Northeast UnitedPublished: October 20, 2022
Out-of-favour Nigeria international Sylvester Igboun made his debut for Northeast United as they suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of East Bengal in an Indian Super League match at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium (Guwahati) on Thursday evening.
The experienced striker completed his move to Northeast United last week, joining them on a free transfer after terminating his contract with Russian Premier League club Nizhny Novgorod in March 2022.
He was left out of the matchday squad for the ISL clash against Bartholomew Ogbeche's Hyderabad FC exactly a week ago.
Igboun, wearing the number 44 at the back of his jersey, came on for his Northeast United debut with nineteen minutes of normal time remaining.
Goals from Cleiton Silva, Kyriakou and O'Doherty put the visitors 3-0 up but Derbyshire reduced the deficit in the second minute of stoppage time when headed in his first goal in NorthEast colors.
Igboun was inactive for 229 days in total before his maiden appearance for Northeast United.
The 32-year-old has also worn the colours of FC Ebedei, FC Midtjylland, Ufa and Dinamo Moscow in the past.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Dual national Gent goal machine Orban commits future to Nigeria over Togo
- Everton face a relegation battle again: Where has it gone wrong?
- Super Eagles camp update : All present and correct as Porto LB reports for international duty
- Arsenal's Super Eagles-eligible striker Balogun pulls out of England U21 squad
- How to find low deposit casinos for Nigerian players
- Eagles tactical session : Emphasis on crosses; Peserio experiments with Omeruo, Ajayi; Uzoho gets nod
- More drama Tuesday's training session as Super Eagles' CSO 'fights' with Nigerian journalists
- Parimatch : So much more than soccer
- Coaster bus, Stadium blackout : Peserio, Super Eagles stars frustrated over poor preparations
- The battle between Iheanacho, Moffi, Onuachu as Super Eagles face Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football