Out-of-favour Nigeria international Sylvester Igboun made his debut for Northeast United as they suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of East Bengal in an Indian Super League match at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium (Guwahati) on Thursday evening.
The experienced striker completed his move to Northeast United last week, joining them on a free transfer after terminating his contract with Russian Premier League club Nizhny Novgorod in March 2022.
He was left out of the matchday squad for the ISL clash against Bartholomew Ogbeche's Hyderabad FC exactly a week ago.
Igboun, wearing the number 44 at the back of his jersey, came on for his Northeast United debut with nineteen minutes of normal time remaining.
Goals from Cleiton Silva, Kyriakou and O'Doherty put the visitors 3-0 up but Derbyshire reduced the deficit in the second minute of stoppage time when headed in his first goal in NorthEast colors.
Igboun was inactive for 229 days in total before his maiden appearance for Northeast United.
The 32-year-old has also worn the colours of FC Ebedei, FC Midtjylland, Ufa and Dinamo Moscow in the past.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football