Super Eagles striker makes his debut for ISL club Northeast UnitedPublished: October 20, 2022
Out-of-favour Nigeria international Sylvester Igboun made his debut for Northeast United as they suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of East Bengal in an Indian Super League match at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium (Guwahati) on Thursday evening.
The experienced striker completed his move to Northeast United last week, joining them on a free transfer after terminating his contract with Russian Premier League club Nizhny Novgorod in March 2022.
He was left out of the matchday squad for the ISL clash against Bartholomew Ogbeche's Hyderabad FC exactly a week ago.
Igboun, wearing the number 44 at the back of his jersey, came on for his Northeast United debut with nineteen minutes of normal time remaining.
Goals from Cleiton Silva, Kyriakou and O'Doherty put the visitors 3-0 up but Derbyshire reduced the deficit in the second minute of stoppage time when headed in his first goal in NorthEast colors.
Igboun was inactive for 229 days in total before his maiden appearance for Northeast United.
The 32-year-old has also worn the colours of FC Ebedei, FC Midtjylland, Ufa and Dinamo Moscow in the past.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football