Through a statement on their official website, German 2. Bundesliga club SV Darmstadt 98 have announced the signing of Tottenham Hotspur academy product Keanan Bennetts.
Bennetts, who was a player of interest to the Nigeria Football Federation before the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup in Poland, has been offered a contract following a successful trial.
He trained with the Lilies for two weeks, from the end of July to the beginning of August, and has signed a contract valid until June 30, 2023.
Bennetts had been on the lookout for a new club following the expiry of his contract with Borussia Mönchengladbach, whom he joined from Tottenham Hotspur in 2018.
The 23-year-old was a non-playing substitute on Friday evening as SV Darmstadt were held to a 1-1 draw by Holstein Kiel in Germany's second tier.
In his first words as a player of SV Darmstadt, Bennetts said : "My first impression of the club and the team was great. The team welcomed me very openly and friendly at the time, there is a lot of quality in the squad.
"That's why I'm very happy that I can now be here for a longer period of time. About making contact everything went incredibly fast until the signing.
"But when I heard that Darmstadt wanted to sign me on a permanent basis, I was immediately hooked. I'm really looking forward to tonight: I can't wait to experience the atmosphere in the stadium for the first time experience."
Bennetts has been allocated the number 16 jersey for the remainder of the season at SV Darmstadt 98.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football