Official : Columbus Crew decline options on two Nigerian playersPublished: October 26, 2022
Major League Soccer club Columbus Crew announced on Wednesday that they have declined their club options on two Nigerian players James Igbekeme and Jalil Anibaba.
Columbus Crew signed Igbekeme on loan from Spanish Segunda División side Real Zaragoza in the January transfer window for the 2022 MLS season with an option to acquire him on a permanent basis at the end of the campaign.
The midfielder's loan deal with Columbus Crew runs out on December 31, 2022.
He appeared in twenty three matches in the American top-flight, of which eight were starts, and saw his opportunities limited in the last ten games of the season, logging only fifteen minutes.
Columbus Crew declined the contract option on experienced MLSer Jalil Anibaba and he's now eligible for MLS Free Agency.
Free Agency is scheduled to open on Wednesday, November 16 and eligible players will be at least 24 years old in the year in which the immediately preceding League Season concluded and have at least five MLS service years.
In the recently concluded season, the former United States U20 international was starved of game time, making only three starts over the course of the campaign.
The 34-year-old Anibaba has represented MLS clubs Chicago Fire, Seattle Sounders, Sporting Kansas City, Houston Dynamo,
New England Revolution and Nashville SC in the past.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football