Victor Osimhen has explained the meaning behind his goal celebration during the Serie A match between Napoli and Sassuolo at the Diego Maradona Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Napoli were cruising inside twenty minutes thanks to two close range finishes by Osimhen and with thirteen minutes remaining he dinked the ball over goalkeeper Andrea Consigli for his first hat-trick at club level.
Every time he scored against Sassuolo, the Nigeria international celebrated by writing an imaginary letter with his finger.
When asked to explain the meaning behind his goal celebration, Osimhen told DAZN post-match : "That signal was for my daughter.
"Every moment I score, every moment I do something good I always think about her. She's my life now and I'm happy to always dedicate my goal to her."
With six goals in his last four appearances in all competitions, Osimhen is enjoying arguably his best moment as a Napoli player and he is now more confident of himself.
His goal tally is impressive considering that he was sidelined with a thigh injury for five weeks before making a return to action eighteen days ago against Ajax in the Champions League.
"First of all I'll say congratulations to the team and I'm happy to contribute to this win. Of course it's good to have as many goals as this one and I'm happy and I just want to continue to keep the momentum going and continue to help my team.
"This season the coach has given me as much confidence as I can get and I'm really happy to be able to work under him and give me the maximum confidence that I need.
"I just came back from five weeks injury which is not easy. It's important to integrate quickly into the team, and I am happy about this and I want to keep this form going," Osimhen concluded.
The victory over Sassuolo extended Napoli's club-record winning run to thirteen games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football