Super Eagles, ex-Arsenal star offered new five-year contract by EvertonPublished: October 31, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Premier League side Everton remain confident of tying up a new long-term deal for Hale End Academy product Alex Iwobi.
The Super Eagles star has less than two years to run on his current contract with the Toffees, whom he joined from boyhood club Arsenal in the summer of 2019 for a fee of £35m.
Everton are holding contract talks with Iwobi and his camp, and the midfielder would put pen to paper on a fresh five-year contract if terms can be agreed.
The Goodison Park outfit are making plans for the future and consider the Nigerian an important part of the project.
Iwobi struggled in his first few seasons at Everton so much so that he was heavily criticized by fans and pundits alike but he has found some form since the appointment of legendary Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard as coach.
The 26-year-old has flourished in a new midfield role, leading the club's assists chart with six in all competitions so far this season, including five to his name in the Premier League.
Having proven his worth this year, Everton have rewarded him with a new deal and it's up to him to accept or reject the offer.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Jose Peseiro announces end to 21-month tenure as Nigeria national team coach
- Joshua Zirkzee: Bayern product scouted by ex-Nigeria coach Rohr named in provisional Netherlands squad
- Nottingham Forest boss provides update on Super Eagles duo Aina, Awoniyi pre-Liverpool
- Keep or loan him out: What should Inter Milan do with Ebenezer Akinsanmiro?
- African Games: NFF in talks with Brentford; Bameyi, Daga guaranteed roster spots; Flying Eagles departure date
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football