Celtic star defends Jenz after penalty incident in UCL clash against Real MadridPublished: November 03, 2022
Former England international Joe Hart has voiced out his displeasure at the decision of the referee to award Real Madrid two penalty kicks during the first half of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium on Wednesday.
Moritz Jenz was culpable for one of the spot kicks given against the Hoops as his hand made contact with the ball in the fifth minute.
Croatian star Luka Modric stepped up and converted the spot kick to give Real Madrid the lead.
Asides Jenz, the Hoops also suffered another penalty following the clash of hands and ball by Matt O'Riley in the 19th minute with Rodrygo converting the kick.
The two incidents made Hart furious and in a post match interview with BT Sport he asked for the match officials to be more logical in their decision.
"Look, I don't know. I don't know. I don't think either of them intentionally used their hand. I think that goes without saying," Hart told BT Sport post-match, according to The Celtic Way.
"Matt said that his hands were inside his body and it hit him... what do they want to do? Chop his arms off?
"And obviously Moritz just slightly misjudged one and then it hits his hand.
"I'm not gonna sit here and moan about penalties. We've just been we've been beat 5-1 by a very good team.
"That does set the tone but we got a penalty and we missed it so there you go."
Jenz played the entire duration of the game, making five clearances and blocking three shots.
The Super Eagles-eligible central defender played in all six games of the group stage for Celtic as they finished bottom with two points.
Jenz will be looking forward to helping his side extend their lead in the Scottish Premiership when they take on Dundee United on Saturday 5th November, 2022.
Photo Credit : celticfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football