N43.5b-rated ex-Arsenal midfielder of African descent admits return to Gunners is possiblePublished: November 05, 2022
United States international of African decent Yunus Musah has refused to rule out a return to Arsenal in future.
Born in New York City to Ghanaian parents, Musah has a past connection with Arsenal, having represented their underage teams for seven years before sealing a transfer to Valencia in 2019 at the age of sixteen.
The talented teenager is under contract with Valencia until June 2026 and has a release clause of 87 million pounds (approximately N43.5 billion in Nigerian currency).
Originally a winger, Musah has become a key player in Valencia's engine room, scoring five goals in 80 all-competition appearances.
Arsenal were keen to keep hold of Musah and offered him a scholarship but he turned down the deal before switching to Valencia in search of first team football.
Asked whether he may return to Arsenal one day, Musah told CBS Sports : "You never know. I had a great time at Arsenal developing there,
"I still have friends there, the coaches were great, being an Arsenal player in general is great. I loved playing for Arsenal. I've nothing against the club and if one day it turns out to be that it's time to go back then it's possible.
"For now I'm really happy at Valencia and I'm looking forward to carrying this season on in the same way we're doing now."
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo hits double figures for clean sheets in EFL
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football