United States international of African decent Yunus Musah has refused to rule out a return to Arsenal in future.
Born in New York City to Ghanaian parents, Musah has a past connection with Arsenal, having represented their underage teams for seven years before sealing a transfer to Valencia in 2019 at the age of sixteen.
The talented teenager is under contract with Valencia until June 2026 and has a release clause of 87 million pounds (approximately N43.5 billion in Nigerian currency).
Originally a winger, Musah has become a key player in Valencia's engine room, scoring five goals in 80 all-competition appearances.
Arsenal were keen to keep hold of Musah and offered him a scholarship but he turned down the deal before switching to Valencia in search of first team football.
Asked whether he may return to Arsenal one day, Musah told CBS Sports : "You never know. I had a great time at Arsenal developing there,
"I still have friends there, the coaches were great, being an Arsenal player in general is great. I loved playing for Arsenal. I've nothing against the club and if one day it turns out to be that it's time to go back then it's possible.
"For now I'm really happy at Valencia and I'm looking forward to carrying this season on in the same way we're doing now."
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football