Super Eagles-eligible central defender Emmanuel van de Blaak has been identified as a star of the future at Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven.
His career is now back on track after recovering from a cruciate ligament injury that kept him on the sidelines for ten months.
Born in Lagos, Van de Blaak was at the Willem II academy for five seasons - the same academy that produced flamboyant Arsenal winger Joel Ideho - and then transferred to PSV in 2020.
Regarded as one the brightest young prospects in Dutch football at the moment, Emmanuel van de Blaak recently made his professional debut for PSV Eindhoven, coming off the bench in the closing minutes of their 2-1 win over FK Bodø/Glimt in the Europa League last Thursday at the age of 17 years and 261 days.
And in doing so, he followed in the footsteps of Funso Ojo and Nonso Madueke who debuted for PSV's first team as teenagers.
PSV have a tendency to give first team opportunities to exciting young players and Van de Blaak would fancy his chances of breaking into the senior squad in the not too distant future.
He has played non-binding games for Netherlands U15 and U17 national teams, all of them friendly matches, meaning he can represent the Flying Eagles at next year's 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations without requesting a change of association.
Photo Credit : psv.nl
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football