'Paul is very happy here' - Genk chief hopeful of holding on to Super Eagles striker in JanuaryPublished: November 09, 2022
Racing Genk technical director Dimitri de Condé is hopeful Paul Onuachu will remain at the Belgium Pro League table toppers after the close of the January transfer window.
After struggling at the start of the season due to fitness issues, the Nigeria international is now back to his best, lighting up the Belgian Pro League over the last five weeks.
For the first time in Onuachu's career, he scored four goals in a single game as Genk thrashed RSC Charleroi 4-1 in the last round of matches and has notched 12 goals in his last seven league matches.
His performances would not have gone unnoticed by other clubs in Europe who are on the lookout for an experienced finisher.
The 28-year-old Onuachu has not hidden his desire to play in a top European League, with England his preferred destination.
Commenting on the future of Onuachu, Dimitri de Condé told Het Nieuwsblad, via Voetbalkrant : " We do not forget that we work with people. Although I know that Paul is very happy at KRC Genk.
"Moreover, no amount has been agreed for which he can leave. We will see what will happen. Although it goes without saying that we would like to keep him with us."
Onuachu, the top scoring African player in the history of Racing Genk with 80 goals, has less than two years to run on his contract with the Limburgers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football