Super Eagles striker named in FIFA 23 Team of the WeekPublished: November 10, 2022
The official FIFA 23 Team of the Week 8 has been released with only one Nigerian player making the cut.
Racing Genk striker Paul Onuachu has been recognized for his outstanding performance during his side's 4-1 rout of Sporting Charleroi in a Belgian Pro League game on Friday, November 4.
For the first time in his career, the FC Ebedei product scored four goals in a single game.
The lanky attacker broke the deadlock from the spot in the ninth minute, doubled the lead after he was found via a free kick in the 35th minute, and restored Genk's two-goal cushion at minute 71 when the ball was put on a plate for him by Joseph Paintsil.
He netted his fourth of the game in injury time, taking his tally for the season to twelve in the league alone, all of them scored in his last seven matches.
Onuachu now has a higher overall rating of 82 and his best attribute is physicality at 85, while his other stats are 82 shooting, 74 dribbling, 74 pace, 66 passing and 48 defence..
Joining the Nigeria national teamer in the FIFA 23 Team of the Week 8 squad are Kevin Trapp (Frankfurt), Theo Hernandez (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Gleison Bremer (Juventus), Gabriel (Arsenal), James Maddison (Leicester City), Ezequiel Avila (Osasuna), Mohamed Youcef Belaili (AC Ajaccio), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) and Moussa Diaby (Bayer Leverkusen).
Onuachu has been deployed as a striker in the FIFA 23 Team of the Week, Diaby is the center forward and Salah right winger.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- 2015 Golden Eaglets invitee among three Gabriels on target as Arsenal edge seven-goal thriller at Luton
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football