Confirmed : Manchester United superstar Ronaldo ruled out of friendly against NigeriaPublished: November 16, 2022
Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo will not make his 192nd international appearance against the Super Eagles.
The Portugal captain did not train on Wednesday afternoon in Cidade do Futebol with the rest of his international teammates, on the eve of the friendly against the three-time African champions.
Manager Fernando Santos confirmed at the pre-match press conference that a stomach upset will prevent Ronaldo from participating in Portugal's last game before heading to Qatar for the 2022 World Cup.
The four-time World Cupper has been diagnosed with gastritis and will sit out the friendly match.
Santos told reporters : "Ronaldo won't be there tomorrow, at the moment has gastritis, it's something that brings the players down a lot, they become more weakened, because they lose a lot of fluids.
"He won't train today because of that. "
There was positive news regarding the fitness of Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa, who trained fully on Wednesday afternoon having missed the sessions on Monday and Tuesday due to muscle complaints.
Portugal will face Nigeria at Estádio José Alvalade in Lisbon on November 17, 1945 hours kickoff Nigerian time.
Photo Credit : fpf.pt
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Southampton manager assesses the performance of Premier League debutant Onuachu
- Ex-Premier League star reveals how Iwobi contributed to nullifying Saka, Martinelli threat
- Iheanacho involved in three goals as Leicester City beat Aston Villa 4-2
- Golden Eaglets-eligible striker scores in back-to-back games for Manchester United youth team
- 'Showed a lot of skill' - Chelsea legend Glenn Hoddle waxes lyrical about 'intelligent' Madueke
- Ideho makes first appearance for Arsenal U21 after returning from Flying Eagles duty
- 'The changes were spectacular' - Flying Eagles captain hails Ladan Bosso for inspired substitutions
- Every word Zambia coach said on Flying Eagles, delay at airport, NFF, AFCON chances and more
- 'Supposed to be playing for U23s' - Manu Garba names the Flying Eagles player that impressed him
- Most expensive player of Nigerian descent in Chelsea's history sparkles on PL debut
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football