World Cup : Leicester reveal one club record set by Musa that will never be brokenPublished: November 18, 2022
Leicester City had eight players representing six countries at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, with Nigerians contributing three.
Kelechi Iheanacho, Wilfred Ndidi and Ahmed Musa featured in all three matches played by the Super Eagles in the 2018 edition of the World Cup, against Croatia, Iceland and Argentina.
Harry Maguire and Jamie Vardy represented England's Three Lions, Adrien Silva and Ricardo Pereira represented Portugal, while Kasper Schmeichel was in the Denmark squad.
According to Leicester City's official webpage, when Musa opened the scoring against Iceland it made him the first-ever Foxes goalscorer at a World Cup – a record which will never be taken away from the Plateau-born forward.
The winger broke the deadlock when he controlled a Victor Moses cross from the right before hitting the ball on the half volley past goalkeeper Hannes Halldorsen four minutes into the second half.
Fifteen minutes from time, Musa grabbed his second, rounding the goalkeeper before slotting the ball into the net.
With four goals in seven appearances, Musa is the highest scoring Nigerian player at World Cup tournaments.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Southampton manager assesses the performance of Premier League debutant Onuachu
- Ex-Premier League star reveals how Iwobi contributed to nullifying Saka, Martinelli threat
- Iheanacho involved in three goals as Leicester City beat Aston Villa 4-2
- Golden Eaglets-eligible striker scores in back-to-back games for Manchester United youth team
- 'Showed a lot of skill' - Chelsea legend Glenn Hoddle waxes lyrical about 'intelligent' Madueke
- Ideho makes first appearance for Arsenal U21 after returning from Flying Eagles duty
- 'The changes were spectacular' - Flying Eagles captain hails Ladan Bosso for inspired substitutions
- Every word Zambia coach said on Flying Eagles, delay at airport, NFF, AFCON chances and more
- 'Supposed to be playing for U23s' - Manu Garba names the Flying Eagles player that impressed him
- Most expensive player of Nigerian descent in Chelsea's history sparkles on PL debut
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football