Arsenal loanee Arthur Okonkwo keeps third consecutive clean sheetPublished: November 19, 2022
Arsenal loanee Arthur Okonkwo has shown that he can cut it in men's football, with another clean sheet for Crewe Alexandra in their 1-0 victory over Swindon Town in a League Two game at The County Ground on Saturday evening.
It was the third consecutive game in all competitions that the Anglo-Nigerian goalkeeper has not conceded a goal, starting with the 1-0 win versus Leyton Orient in the first round of the Emirates FA Cup and the second was against Colchester United in a League Two game last Saturday.
The Railwaymen won all their three matches this month in which Okonkwo posted a shutout, winning by one-goal margins
One of Arsenal's best young players, the Hale End Academy graduate was loaned out to Crewe Alexandra to give him the opportunity to experience the rigours of first team football.
It would have been difficult for Okonkwo to get games had he remained at the Emirates Stadium as the capture of American goalkeeper Matt Turner pushed him further down the pecking order.
Overall, the 21-year-old has kept eight clean sheets in all competitions and Crewe Alexandra have conceded 24 goals in the twenty matches he started.
Photo Credit : crewealex.net
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football