Why Chelsea-owned Norwegian-Nigerian striker was missing from league action SaturdayPublished: November 19, 2022
An explanation for the absence of Bryan Fiabema from Forest Green Rovers' matchday squad against Oxford United was provided by Forest Green Rovers before kickoff on Saturday afternoon.
Manager Ian Burchnall could not call upon the services of the Norwegian-Nigerian striker in his side's 1-1 draw with Oxford United at The Kassam Stadium.
Forest Green Rovers revealed via a tweet that Fiabema wasn't available for selection because he's away on international duty.
The Chelsea-owned player was named in the Norway national team U20 squad for Under 20 Elite League match against Germany (November 19) and Belgium (November 23).
Against Germany today, Fiabema came on in the 63rd minute to replace Lasse Selvåg Nordås - his debut for the age group after previously earning caps for Norway at U15, U16, U17, U18 and U19 levels.
Overall, the 19-year-old has recorded 38 appearances for Norway's youth teams, scoring fifteen goals.
Fiabema will also miss Forest Green Rovers' Papa Johns Trophy clash against Cheltenham Town on Tuesday as the game will take place a day before Norway U20s face off with Belgium.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Ex-Premier League star reveals how Iwobi contributed to nullifying Saka, Martinelli threat
- Iheanacho involved in three goals as Leicester City beat Aston Villa 4-2
- Golden Eaglets-eligible striker scores in back-to-back games for Manchester United youth team
- 'Showed a lot of skill' - Chelsea legend Glenn Hoddle waxes lyrical about 'intelligent' Madueke
- Ideho makes first appearance for Arsenal U21 after returning from Flying Eagles duty
- 'The changes were spectacular' - Flying Eagles captain hails Ladan Bosso for inspired substitutions
- Every word Zambia coach said on Flying Eagles, delay at airport, NFF, AFCON chances and more
- 'Supposed to be playing for U23s' - Manu Garba names the Flying Eagles player that impressed him
- Most expensive player of Nigerian descent in Chelsea's history sparkles on PL debut
- Nigeria 4 Zambia 2 : Sarki, Olamilekan, Uchegbu, Lawal on target for Flying Eagles in 6-goal thriller
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football