Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal showing interest in prolific 81-cap internationalPublished: November 19, 2022
Manchester United have reportedly signified their interest to rival fellow English Premier League giants Arsenal and Chelsea to sign Barcelona striker Memphis Depay.
The Red Devils are in need of an attack minded player after initiating moves to terminate the contract of Cristiano Ronaldo for attacking Erik ten Hag and the Glazers in his interview with Piers Morgan.
According to Barcelona based Spanish sports daily Diario SPORT, ahead of the January transfer window, Erik ten Hag has now identified the Dutch star of Ghanaian descent as a cheap but quality replacement for the Portugal superstar.
The 28-year-old's days at the Nou Camp are numbered with his contact set to expire in June 2023.
Depay will be available for free in June 2023 and the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea could do battle if United fail to sign him in January.
The former Manchester United forward has had a season marred by injuries at Barcelona, but he is heading to the 2022 FIFA World Cup to help the Oranges have a good outing.
Depay is prolific at international level, scoring 42 goals in 81 appearances for the Netherlands since making his debut against Turkey in October 2013.
Depay joined FC Barcelona on a free from Olympique Lyonnais in the summer of 2021 and has had 16 goal involvements (14 goals, 2 assists) in 41 appearances across all competitions.
Photo Credit : Twitter
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football