Amokachi advises Peseiro on how to use Iwobi, rates Osimhen among top 5 strikers in the worldPublished: November 21, 2022
Legendary Nigeria striker Daniel Amokachi has told Super Eagles manager Jose Peseiro what to do to bring out the best in the national team players.
The two-time World Cupper underlined that Peseiro did not get his tactics right in the recent humiliating defeat to Portugal despite the array of talents at his disposal.
Amokachi cited Iwobi as he discussed the key players in the Super Eagles, saying that Peseiro needs to borrow a page from Frank Lampard's playbook and try to bring out the best in the versatile midfielder.
The Hale End Academy graduate has flourished under Lampard in a central midfield position and is among the top assist providers in the Premier League this season.
Speaking on Ebuka Obi-Uchendu's Rubbin' Minds on Channels Television, Amokachi said : "Iwobi. I said earlier you have to unleash those players, Iwobi wasn't unleashed.
"Now he's playing under a manager that unleashed him. Now he's showing his worth. "
Amokachi only had good things to say about Victor Osimhen and believes the Napoli star is among the top five strikers in the world at the moment.
"You have Osimhen who when we lost out of the World Cup, probably he was the only player that (did well). If we had three or four Osimhens the day we played Ghana probably we would have been singing a different song now.
"We would have been there because he's a player that the whole world knows that he's in the top five strikers globally today.
"If we have a manager who will allow those players to express themselves as I said we will be in Canada, America or Mexico but we need to unleash those players for them to express themselves."
Iwobi was a member of the Super Eagles squad to the 2018 World Cup while Osimhen wasn't on the plane to Russia as he was behind the likes of Odion Ighalo, Ahmed Musa, Kelechi Iheanacho and Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo in Gernot Rohr's pecking order of attackers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football