Super Eagles hopeful Chuba Akpom sent a message to Bukayo Saka after his man of the match performance in England's 6-2 rout of Iran in a World Cup game on Monday afternoon.
The Three Lions were in command at the interval as Jude Bellingham, with a wonderful header, opened the scoring in the 35th minute, before Bukayo Saka in fine fashion made it two in the 43rd minute and Raheem Sterling finished a brilliantly constructed move to make it 3-0 in first half stoppage time.
When Saka slotted into the bottom corner in the 62nd minute to increase the lead, he entered into the history books as the first England player to score a brace on his World Cup debut.
He is also the youngest player to score two goals or more in his first appearance at the World Cup since Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer in 1966.
Saka was a player of interest to the Nigeria Football Federation and erstwhile coach Gernot Rohr before he became cap-tied to his country of birth, England.
The 21-year-old took to social media to celebrate his two goals against the Iranians and wrote on Instagram, 'What A Feeling'.
Reacting to Saka's post, Akpom said 'the boyyy,' and the message was accompanied by a dizziness emoji.
Marcus Rashford and Jack Grealish were England's other goalscorers while Mehdi Taremi got Iran's goals.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- 'Not impossible' - Agent admits Man Utd-linked Nigeria star could leave Napoli next summer
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football