World Cup 2022 : Former Nigeria striker delivers his verdict after Senegal's loss to NetherlandsPublished: November 21, 2022
Former Super Eagles striker Julius Efosa Aghahowa berated Senegal's missed chances in their first 2022 FIFA World Cup Group A game on Monday evening.
African champions, Senegal, holds the continent's biggest hopes of reaching the latter stages of the tournament but lost 2-0 to The Netherlands and Aghahowa expressed his frustrations with the attacking play of Aliou Cisse's team.
Cody Gakpo and Davy Klaassen scored the goals for 'The Oranje' in the 84th and 99th minute respectively.
"Senegal played very well but missed their scoring chances especially in the first half," Aghahowa stated on Brila FM as monitored by allnigeriasoccer.com.
"The Netherlands had only two and took their chances. That was the punishment for those missed chances.
"They (Senegal) gave a good account of themselves but The Netherland were more clinical," the onetime Wigan Athletic forward said ruefully as he responded to questions mostly asked by callers who spoke ro the radio station from their homes as the match progressed.
Hosts Qatar lost 2-0 to Ecuador in the opening match of the group and tournament in general.
Senegal are joined by Morocco, Ghana, Cameroon and Tunisia as Africa's representatives in the tournament.
Photo Credit :fsfoot.sn
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Video mocking Osimhen: Agent reveals Super Eagles striker could take legal action against Napoli
- EFL Cup: Ozoh makes season debut for Palace as goals from Garnacho, Casemiro, Martial hand Man Utd win
- Flying Eagles central defender finally makes his Brentford debut, but for B team
- Pundit insists Chelsea should have signed Super Eagles star for N123.7b in the summer
- 'He has lost credibility' - Ex-Real Madrid striker reacts to Osimhen's touchline row with Napoli coach
- 'Does have to go out again' - Bolton boss urges Shoretire to consider leaving Man Utd in January
- Video: Fleet-footed winger Simon produces outrageous assist for Nantes fourth goal v Lorient
- 'I'm not giving up' - Rangers striker Dessers vows to push harder to regain his place in starting XI
- Chelsea give key injury update on Chukwuemeka pre-Brighton & Hove
- Update: Gent throw in the towel on Gift Orban's suspension, confirm striker won't play Wednesday
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football