'Choupo-Moting is on form' - Ex-Nigeria coach Rohr warns Group G teams about LionsPublished: November 24, 2022
Former Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr expects Cameroon to be the dark horses in Group G of the 2022 World Cup and has warned the other countries in the group that the Indomitable Lions can cause a surprise.
The German noted that Cameroon have a fantastic goalkeeper in André Onana and are solid in defence.
The Indomitable Lions have one of the best attacks in Africa, with Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (Bayern Munich), Bryan Mbeumo (Brentford), Vincent Aboubakar (Al Nassr) and Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon) among the strikers named in the squad to Qatar.
The experienced Choupo-Moting is a leader on and off the pitch and was in great form heading into the World Cup, scoring eleven goals in sixteen appearances for Bayern Munich.
"It would be a surprise if they don't finish last when you look at the world rankings Even in this group, they can surprise you. They can finish third, or even a sensational second," Rohr said to wettbasis.
"So morally they are very strong. They have gained momentum since Samuel Eto'o became federation president and there could well be an upset. Defensively they are strong anyway. The goalkeeper is also stable.
"They are well-manned, especially on the offensive. Eric-Maxim Choupo-Moting is on form just in time and that will help the Cameroonians."
Cameroon have lost their last seven matches at the World Cup, including four against European opposition.
After their opener against Switzerland on Thursday, the team led by the legendary African central defender Rigobert Song will do battle with Serbia and Brazil.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football