'Been too poor in this game' - Nigerian fans blast Partey over poor display in Ghana's loss v PortugalPublished: November 24, 2022
Nigerians have taken to their social media handles to express disappointment as regards the performance of Arsenal star Thomas Partey in Ghana's loss to Portugal.
Ghana suffered a 3-2 loss against Portugal in a Group H matchday one encounter of the 2022 FIFA World Cup played at the Stadium 974 on Thursday evening.
Cristiano Ronaldo opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 65th minute after he was fouled in the box.
Ghana responded with an equalizer from Andre Ayẹw in the 73rd minute, tucking the ball home with a footed shot that was assisted by Mohammed Kudus.
The Europeans were back in front just five minutes later as Joao Felix profited from a sublime pass by Bruno Fernandes.
Portugal's lead was extended to two in the 80th minute through substitute Rafael Leao after he combined with Bruno Fernandes.
Osman Bakari went on to reduce the deficit in the 89th minute.
Partey was not influential in the game as he failed to replicate his club form at international level.
The stinker has prompted several Nigerian fans to come for him on social media, with the majority blasting the Arsenal star for having a lackadaisical attitude.
Here's what Nigerian fans said on Twitter :
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football