'Well deserved' - Senegal's win over Qatar excites OkochaPublished: November 25, 2022
Former Bolton Wanderers midfielder Austin Jay Jay Okocha was over the moon following the 3-1 win of Senegal over Qatar in their second Group A match of the 2022 FIFA World Cup on Friday evening.
The Teranga Lions defeated hosts Qatar with goals scored by Boulaye Dia, Famara Diedhiou and Bamba Dieng. Ghana-born Mohamed Muntari got Qatar's solitary strike from a well-worked buildup.
Aliou Cisse made two changes to the side that started against Netherlands on Monday, bringing in Ismail Jakobs and one of the goalscorers Diedhiou.
Abdou Diallo was also fit enough to start after going off in that game with muscle cramps.
"Finally we've gotten our our first win as Africans at the World Cup. It was a good win, well deserved," Okocha said on SuperSport.
"They had a bit of hiccup after conceding that goal but I tho k they controlled the match and they were lucky coming up against Qatar who I think do not have enough to really punish these Senegalese team when they make mistakes.
"Credit to Senegal for getting their first win."
Senegal will face Ecuador in their last game of the group while Netherlands will do battle with Qatar who are already eliminated.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football