'His father is Nigerian, reminds me of Mbappe' - African legend Bwalya tips Musiala for big thingsPublished: November 28, 2022
African football legend Kalusha Bwalya waxed lyrical about Jamal Musiala following the attacking midfielder's brilliant performance during Germany's 1-1 draw with Spain in a World Cup clash on Sunday night.
Aged only 19, Musiala was arguably the standout player for the Germans and capped off his outstanding display with the assist for the German equaliser netted by Niclas Fullkrug in the 83rd minute.
Six minutes after Alvaro Morata opened the scoring, the Germany number 14 had a great chance to restore parity but was denied by a save from Spain goalkeeper Unai Simon.
Musiala has directly participated in 22 goals (12 goals, 10 assists) for Bayern Munich this season and he has taken his form to Qatar, having also impressed in Germany's opener against Japan.
When reviewing the game between Spain and Germany, SuperSports TV broadcaster Thomas Mlambo asked Bwalya to give the lowdown on Musiala's African connection.
Bwalya said : "His father is Nigerian, mother is German. Went to England when he was very, very young.
"And so he decided to play for Germany which so delighted the Germans of course. "
The 1988 Olympic Games star went on to explain why he thinks Musiala is a carbon copy of Kylian Mbappe.
"Very, very talented. Very quick. He reminds me a bit of Mbappe, that kind of speed, the turn and control. He's one for the future certainly," Bwalya concluded.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football