'His father is Nigerian, reminds me of Mbappe' - African legend Bwalya tips Musiala for big thingsPublished: November 28, 2022
African football legend Kalusha Bwalya waxed lyrical about Jamal Musiala following the attacking midfielder's brilliant performance during Germany's 1-1 draw with Spain in a World Cup clash on Sunday night.
Aged only 19, Musiala was arguably the standout player for the Germans and capped off his outstanding display with the assist for the German equaliser netted by Niclas Fullkrug in the 83rd minute.
Six minutes after Alvaro Morata opened the scoring, the Germany number 14 had a great chance to restore parity but was denied by a save from Spain goalkeeper Unai Simon.
Musiala has directly participated in 22 goals (12 goals, 10 assists) for Bayern Munich this season and he has taken his form to Qatar, having also impressed in Germany's opener against Japan.
When reviewing the game between Spain and Germany, SuperSports TV broadcaster Thomas Mlambo asked Bwalya to give the lowdown on Musiala's African connection.
Bwalya said : "His father is Nigerian, mother is German. Went to England when he was very, very young.
"And so he decided to play for Germany which so delighted the Germans of course. "
The 1988 Olympic Games star went on to explain why he thinks Musiala is a carbon copy of Kylian Mbappe.
"Very, very talented. Very quick. He reminds me a bit of Mbappe, that kind of speed, the turn and control. He's one for the future certainly," Bwalya concluded.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PL International Cup : 2023 Flying Eagles invitee on target for Arsenal in 7-2 loss to PSV
- 'Nigeria known for having very talented players' - Peseiro impressed with Golden Eaglets
- Arsenal may consider summer sale of red-hot Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football